http://lizandtylernelson.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Munich, Germany


Tyler and I had a wonderful trip to Germany. I think it is fair to say I had a better trip than he did because while I spent the majority of my days touring, he had to work. He worked many hours with long trips to and from the location. Besides the time difference he was pretty exhausted most of the trip. I was able to experience many wonderful things. My favorite day was Friday when I was able to share the city with Tyler. Munich is the home of the largest and olderst Cookoo clock called the glochenspeil. It goes off three times a day, and people come from all over the world to watch it perform. It was interesting, but also very long and repetitive. The city has many beautiful fountains everywhere. German's also love their dogs, some say more than there children. They sometimes take their dogs to restaurants, but leave their children at home.We saw wiemerieners all over the city, and this made up homesick to play with our dogs. In the main plaza their were many entertainers including, painters, mimes, human statues, and musician. I enjoyed walking around and seeing all the local talent. I had the opportunity to go to the Dacho holocaust camp. It was really sad, but I think anyone in the area should try to go. The part that scared me was that even today the gas chambers can be operational in five min. That is just asking for trouble. The city is known as Hitler's city. We were able to see were Hitler's soldiers were sworn into the S.S.and where he gave his first speeches. The food was exceptionally good. The doner Kabob is basically a pork burger, but is cooked unlike pork in U.S. Their is a big garden that is many miles long. It is also known as a nude beach. Luckily it was overcast the entire time we were there, so we were able to enjoy the gardens without the scenery that is usually only naked men. We had a great trip, but we were really excited to return home. We bought ourselves two pint mugs, because drinking is so big over there. There was really much to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment