http://lizandtylernelson.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tyler's Oreo Blizzard


I just got back from a week in Virginia just outside of D.C. Overall it was a pretty boring trip. Liz stayed at home with the hermit crabs while I was in meetings during the day and wining and dining at night (well at least dining). While there I realized how boring trips can really be without my little buddy Liz there. And I did feel bad about eating out for every meal while she was home living on turkey sandwiches and mac and cheese. So last night we went out to a nice restaurant together. I've realized though that eating out gets old real quick. It's also very fattening.
My first trip out to Virginia I ate like a fat kid in a candy store and put on five pounds. So this time I had learned my lesson and ate light. I even ordered a salad 2 times which I'd never done before and found out that they can be quite delightful.
I also experienced my first real big snow storm where it snowed 12 inches the first night in Virginia. I would have gone out and rolled around in the snow but I didn't want people looking at me funny. Overall I'm not in love with traveling but its good to break up the routine and remind me how great it is to be home.

2 comments:

  1. Fat Head Ruddos!! That is so funny that you have never tried a salad before, they are quite delightful indeed. 12 inches of snow, that is alot, we have never gotten that much in one night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy snow! Bet you are glad you are back in good ol AZ.

    ReplyDelete